Florence is one of the UK’s fastest-growing healthcare tech specialists, founded by an NHS doctor with an ambition to transform care with people-first technology. Our app empowers health and social care teams; helping thousands of nurses, carers and organisations take control of their work and learning every day.
With over 100,000 e-learners, 90,000 care professionals and 4,000 care organisations joining Florence since 2017, we’re growing even further after a successful $35m series B funding round in June 2022.
We are a growing team of 200+ with offices across the UK, including Birmingham, Glasgow and London. The growth continues as we put Florence on the international map, expanding to France and Canada. This is a really exciting time to be joining a fast-growing, mission-led company and be a part of a tech startup with a purpose.
Find out more about our mission to deliver outstanding care.
We are looking for a Compliance Officer to ensure that our operations and business transactions follow all relevant legal and internal rules. You will also review employees’ work and provide advice on compliance. To succeed in this role, you should be a reliable professional who is not afraid to speak their mind and stand by their decisions. You should be familiar with risk management and our industry’s standards. If you also have a sharp business acumen, we’d like to meet you. Your goal will be to ensure we operate in a legal and ethical manner while meeting our business objectives.
- Scanning/filing - Paper and electronic
- Dealing with all Compliance queries from Candidates/ Recruiters and Trusts in the NHS
- Dealing with the recruitment compliance process from start to finish for on boarding of new candidates
- Answering all telephone calls, taking messages and passing them onto the relevant person
- Respond to all correspondence via email, post, telephone
- Helping deal with trust portals/master vendors and ensuring all candidates are set up and compliance is uploaded and updated when needed as per the requests of each recruitment consultant
- Completing Compliance checklists
- Updating all of the recruitment consultants when documents are expiring so they are aware
- Supporting Recruitment Consultants with compliance queries or requests and dealing with them all in a timely manor
- Dealing with complaints and making sure they are logged/resolved in a timely manner with your manager
- Ensuring you are implementing any changes that you are informed of with the frameworks to all new candidates
- Assisting with Audits when needed
- Compliance experience in a previous / current role covering typical compliance responsibilities for a healthcare recruitment business
- Demonstrably trustworthy, reliable and professional approach to their work and standards
- A confident and effective communicator, able to liaise effectively with the team
- Be on no more than 1 month notice - ideally with a Recruitment business in Healthcare
- Possess knowledge & experience of working for a framework NHS provider of medical locums
- Be willing to work onsite 5 days
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata) + 8 Bank holidays and holiday rollover / buy more holiday scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learning budget with Learnerbly
- Private Healthcare
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity
- Opportunity to contribute to growth in an early-stage startup
- Fun, friendly and collaborative startup office environment
- Regular company and social outings