The Branch Nurse role for Scotland is a pivotal role for the ongoing registration and regulated activity of the Scotland Branch.
Working closely with the Governance team - the BN wjll provide overall professional support to all Nurses registered with the Scotland Branch and provide support to the wider team on regulated / compliance based activity.
(Full JD available on request)
- Offers a full range of managerial nurse support to the Regional Team and across the organisation as required by the Chief Nurse.
- Works without direct supervision and is able to escalate concerns as required.
- Conducts all nursing interviews as per regulatory requirement and records these as completed in the Compliance Tracker
- Undertakes the mandatory 2 supervisions per annum with all registered nurses who are active within the registered service.
- Completes the annual appraisal with those nurses who are active within the registered service
- Undertakes risk assessments (Pregnancy / Healthcare) as required and records those in the appropriate tracker.
- Provides support to the Audit Manager where issues with compliance are identified
- Liaises directly with the Registered Manager for the region to support with additional appropriate requirements such as the Customer Needs Assessments and speaking with clients / workers as required; where issues of concern have arisen
- Supports the Chief Nurse to review Policies and Procedures relevant to the Registered Service in readiness for any regulatory inspection.
- Maintains accurate, contemporaneous and legible written records of activity
- Uses effective communication, written and verbal with all levels of the FLORENCE team.
- Fosters good relationships with the wider organisation and advises at a senior level where required and in the absence of the Chief Nurse may be required to deputise.