At Florence, we’re on a mission to be the number one tech provider for health and social care staffing.
Florence is one of the UK’s fastest-growing healthcare tech specialists, founded by an NHS doctor with an ambition to transform care with people-first technology. Our app empowers health and social care teams; helping thousands of nurses, carers and organisations take control of their work and learning every day. With over 100,000 e-learners, 90,000 care professionals and 2,000 care organisations joining Florence since 2017, we’re growing even further after a successful $35m series B funding round in June 2022.
We are a growing team of 200+ with offices across the UK including Birmingham, Glasgow and London. The growth continues as we put Florence on the international map, expanding to France and Canada. This is a really exciting time to be joining a fast growing, mission led company and be a part of a tech startup with a purpose. Find out more about our mission to make care outstanding here: https://www.florence.co.uk/about-us.
Equal opportunities at Florence:
We promote an environment for our staff and app users that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances, in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and believe we find our strength in our diversity. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your enquiry.
We offer competitive salaries within a flexible, empathetic and highly collaborative working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of a career with a forward-thinking tech company committed to inclusion, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, business savvy designer to join the creative team in our marketing department.
You will be responsible for visually conveying Florence through effective design and will have a passion for our brand, and making it come to life through your work. As part of this role, you will work together with the Head of Design & Creative Strategy to push the Florence brand and innovate our design globally. In this role you will look after production of all marketing assets, from digital to print, and everything in-between across all of our markets.
Your versatile skill set will mean you can turn your hand to a variety of tasks, understanding the needs of a marketing department whilst always maintaining a high quality of content and design. You will be passionate about experimenting with, and pushing the boundaries of traditional design.
This is an excellent role for someone looking to grow their career, with great progression opportunities.
- Work with head of design to deliver creative and effective design to tight timelines
- Help head of design to elevate branding and design
- Production of all marketing assets, employing best practices for different channels and mediums (including but not limited to, website, email, digital adverts, print, merchandise, spatial)
- Correctly judge priorities across different projects at varied stages and levels of activity
- Understand both digital and printing processes and specifications
- Work from verbal and written briefs
- Negotiate with external suppliers
- Organise and catalogue a wide range of brand assets
- Communicate new design perspectives and ideas to the wider marketing team
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to support design requirements from all areas of the business
- You’ll care about the customer and actively draw from focus groups, customer feedback and product performance
- Maintain excellent working relationships, sharing best practises with colleagues across the business
- 2-4 years relevant work experience
- Strong passion and practise in typography
- Concept and content driven work ethic
- Experience in print and digital design, spatial is a plus!
- You need to be confident in using Adobe Creative Cloud - Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier Pro, Figma
- Experience and passion for animation and video creation
- We want you to think of innovative ways to visually express complicated messages and reach marketing performance goals
- You’ll need to be able to finish your work to an excellent standard before getting feedback from head of design and marketing heads
- You’ll be able to take on constructive feedback well and turn that into action
- Effective time management
- The highest attention to detail in everything you do
- Have a portfolio demonstrating your passion for design with a range and variety of digital, printed, animation and spatial work
- UX/UI experience is a plus but no must
- A conceptual thinker who is able to think creatively about Florence, pulling inspiration from and outside of industry and design trends
- A positive can-do attitude
- 25 days holiday (pro rata) + 8 Bank holidays and holiday roll over / buy more holiday scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learning budget with Learnerbly
- Private Healthcare
- Enhanced maternity
- Employee Assistance Programme in place
- Opportunity to contribute to growth in an early stage startup
- Fun, friendly and collaborative startup office environment
- Regular company and social outings