Futurae is a leading Swiss cybersecurity company that provides businesses and their users with seamless authentication and transaction confirmation solutions. Our customer-centric approach emphasizes security and usability, drives our daily innovations, and helps us stay at the forefront of our industry. We take pride in our diverse, dynamic, and experienced team of industry leaders, who work tirelessly to solve some of the toughest challenges in online authentication and transaction signing. Join our young, international, and fast-paced team, and be part of shaping the future of cybersecurity while creating outstanding user experiences. To learn more about our innovative solutions and team, visit us at www.futurae.com.
Our product stack comprises several different systems, from backend APIs to web components, SDKs, and plugins. As a Systems Engineer in our company, you will play a mission-critical role in designing, building, and operating our cloud platform's backbone systems and infrastructure, enabling its expansion and scale. In more detail, your responsibilities include:
- Design, build and operate the systems comprising our platform's stack.
- Build tools for automation, deployment, monitoring, and operations.
- Define, improve and (re)engineer DevOps tools and processes.
- Help maintain high security standards of our platform and infrastructure.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call schedule to ensure the continuous operation and reliability of our systems.
- Participate in technical support related to our platforms and integrations.
You are comfortable making technical decisions and maintaining web application infrastructure and systems using modern technologies and best practices. You are willing to have ownership of what you build, and you’d rather ship than over-engineer. You have good communication and collaboration skills and wish to work in a team with talented peers, teaming up to tackle new projects. You want to be a part of building something you can be proud of.
- 4+ years of experience with the design, building, and operations of modern web systems
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP) and Linux systems at scale
- Experience with Kubernetes and containers ecosystems (Kubernetes, Docker, rkt etc.)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies (Terraform, Pulumi, Crossplane etc.)
- Experience with observability systems (ELK/EFK stack, monitoring, tracing etc.)
- Understanding of computer and network security concepts and best practices for securing software systems and infrastructure
- Fluent in English
- Experience with DevOps practices and frameworks such as CI/CD pipelines and gitops
- Experience with stream processing systems (e.g. Kafka) and in-memory data stores (e.g. Redis)
- Experience with configuration management systems (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB)
- Experience with other technologies of our stack
Our technology stack
- Go, Ruby on Rails, Bash
- Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Run etc.
- Gitlab, ArgoCD
- Linux, Debian
- Terraform, Ansible
Join a young, international, and fast-paced Cybersecurity company with experienced industry leaders
- Futurae Stock Options
- Yearly personal learning & development budget
- Apple Laptop and equipment for work purposes
- Ability to work remotely (European time zones only)
- Work at the forefront of an inspiring, dynamic tech company in the B2B space in the area of end-user authentication and transaction confirmation
- Be part of our friendly, knowledge-sharing, entrepreneurial culture and flat hierarchy
- Work in a role that gives you responsibility and independency
Futurae is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
By sending your application, you allow Futurae to handle and store your data.