Hi, we’re Gravie, and we are building the health plan of the future. For the past few decades, the health insurance industry has evolved to serve the needs of employers, insurance companies, brokers, and (sometimes) doctors and hospitals. The needs of the consumer, however, have largely been left out of the equation. We’re changing that. We are rebuilding the entire health insurance stack, with the consumer as the central focus. Our goal is to create a health plan that people can love.
A Little More About Us:
· We know healthcare. Our company was founded and is still led by industry veterans who have started and grown several market-leading companies in the space.
· We are quickly becoming one of the fastest growing health benefits companies in the country. We have received numerous awards and accolades, including Inc. Magazine Best in Business Gold Medal award in 2021, and JMP Securities Top 50 Private Companies in Insurtech in 2022.
· We have raised money from top tier investors who share the same long-term vision as we do of building an industry defining company that will endure over the long run. We are well capitalized.
· Our customers like us. Our revenue churn is in the low single digits, in an industry where greater than 20% churn is common.
· Our culture is unique. We tend to be non-hierarchical, merit-driven, opinionated but kind people who thrive working in a high-performance, fast-paced environment. People at Gravie care deeply about making a positive impact in the lives of the people we serve. We may not be the right place for everybody, but if you get energized by doing work every day that focuses on putting consumers at the front of the line, we could be a great place for you.
· It takes unique people and diverse perspectives to deliver our results. We encourage you to be your authentic self – we like you that way.
A Little More About The Job:
We’re looking for a Reporting Product Manager. This role will partner with business teams to deliver actionable, impactful reporting that drives their business decision making. The Reporting Product Manager will also partner closely with the Data Strategy & Analytics and Data Engineering teams to achieve these objectives. The ideal candidate has experience in business analysis, and data in a technology focused organization, with a strong understanding of the complex world of data and data infrastructures and insights into how to navigate this world to provide clear and accurate results. This person will also show proven ability to understand and solve the problems of internal and external analytics consumers. They will provide leadership, and project management to drive solutions through cross-functional collaboration.
· Understand and provide input on the business objectives that lead to reporting needs in your area; then, you’ll proactively develop solutions that will meet these objectives, both in the near term and long term. You’ll deliver reports and help define reporting platform features that will enable your business partners to make more informed decisions.
· Act as intermediary between the business leaders and the data engineering team to successfully deliver the reporting solution as you author robust, developer-ready requirements.
· Translate to the broader reporting team and to partner teams, including engineering, the tactical actions to meet the strategic direction provided by leadership.
· Proactively prevent and remove roadblocks for the cross-functional teams to meet quality standards, project deadlines, and business objectives, limiting rework.
· Design solutions for process and systems enhancements, and new features to minimize manual processes.
· Work with the business partners to define the value and impact of their reporting needs.
· Have a deep understanding of the backlog and business needs to partner with the Director of Reporting to help shape the roadmap.
· Be responsible for development and refinement of a robust Reporting QA process, to facilitate delivery of high quality, accurate reporting.
· Inform and oversee robust project plans along with defining requirements and creating and maintaining supporting documentation.
· Solve complex data problems for members, employers, brokers, carriers, or other partners; unravel complicated issues and ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
· Track, analyze and improve key product and team metrics to identify overall trends, successes, and concerns. Incorporate processes on how we can always be working to improve.
· Understand the health benefits market to inform reporting and analytics product design and development decisions.
· Provide leadership and mentorship to team members and project teams.
· Delight our clients and deliver beyond their expectations.
· Demonstrate commitment to core Gravie competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, and outcome oriented.
· 5+ years of product owner and business analyst experience in analytics or reporting at a technology-focused organization.
· Strong strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills; ability to break down complex problems, troubleshoot and formulate plans.
· Exceptional project management skills, balancing prioritization of several projects to influence peers and milestone deadlines and implement, or operate to, best practices.
· Ability to thrive with ambiguity, shift gears comfortably, and decide and act on the facts known today.
· Experience with launching a successful self-service reporting platform.
· Management of epic, story and requirement defining in an AGILE environment.
· Proven ability to motivate, coach, train and positively influence others.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact well with people at all levels within an organization with various degrees of technical expertise.
· Knowledge of the healthcare or health benefit industry
· Experience working in a startup environment
· Familiarity with Agile development for data teams
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.