Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
We’re looking for a Project Leader for our Underwriting organization. This is a blended technical and project management role that oversees all key initiatives and projections for underwriting, is responsible for activities related to team performance and is a member of the underwriting leadership team. This individual is expected to directly manage several associates (1-3 FTEs), as well as provide direction and feedback to individuals supporting initiatives. They represent the Underwriting Team on cross functional initiatives as our leadership liaison. This leader plays a critical role in achieving our business goals and successfully executing on strategic initiatives, as well as continuing to build out the rapidly growing underwriting organization.
- Play a key role in developing and executing on the Underwriting Strategic Plan
- Oversee key initiatives and projects for the underwriting team to ensure successful execution and delivery of desired outcomes/results, including Underwriting-specific priorities and supporting key cross-functional initiatives
- Hold responsibility for coordinating performance management and reporting for the team
- Coordinate Training, Hiring and Quality Review activities
- Work with the leadership team on developing and managing the staffing plan and budget for the team
- Manage and mentor a small team (1-3) of associates on the Underwriting Strategic Team
- Directly support the Chief Underwriting Officer and Underwriting Leadership Team and projects and requests
- Serve as a key liaison with the Project Management Office (PMO), other Business Partners and Gravie Leadership
- Support key Underwriting projects designed to drive efficiencies and UW automation which is imperative as we scale our business
- Join a team of smart, hard-working, and devoted colleagues at a successful and rapidly growing startup
- Have potential career path opportunities based on performance as part of a dynamic and growing organization
- Demonstrate commitment to core Gravie competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, empathetic, and outcome-oriented
- Help develop and refine the Underwriting strategies, guidelines, and tools to enhance the overall performance of the business and processes
- Be responsible for all people management aspects for their team
- Bachelor’s degree Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Insurance or other related majors
- 5+ years of relevant project management experience, including any certifications
- Prior knowledge and/or experience with underwriting, actuarial or other related areas
- Strong organization, time management, and responsiveness skills
- Management or formal mentorship experience preferred
- Strong analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- An appetite for learning and quickly putting what you learn into practice
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Decision-making skills
- A flexible attitude and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Background or interest in working for a startup
- Master’s degree or other related educational experience
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.
Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must be fully vaccinated or be willing to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for a job at Gravie.