Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
A Little More About Us:
· We know healthcare. Our company was founded and is still led by industry veterans who have started and grown several market-leading companies in the space.
· We are quickly becoming one of the fastest growing health benefits companies in the country. We have received numerous awards and accolades, including Inc. Magazine Best in Business Gold Medal award in 2021, and JMP Securities Top 50 Private Companies in Insurtech in 2022.
· We have raised money from top tier investors who share the same long-term vision as we do of building an industry defining company that will endure over the long run. We are well capitalized.
· Our customers like us. Our revenue churn is in the low single digits, in an industry where greater than 20% churn is common.
· Our culture is unique. We tend to be non-hierarchical, merit-driven, opinionated but kind people who thrive working in a high-performance, fast-paced environment. People at Gravie care deeply about making a positive impact in the lives of the people we serve. We may not be the right place for everybody, but if you get energized by doing work every day that focuses on putting consumers at the front of the line, we could be a great place for you.
· It takes unique people and diverse perspectives to deliver our results. We encourage you to be your authentic self – we like you that way.
A Little More About the Role:
As a Solution Architect you will play a vital role in shaping the future of healthcare. You'll have the opportunity to design and implement software solutions that will streamline processes and improve outcomes. You'll work closely with stakeholders, including business leaders, project managers, developers, and other architects to understand their needs and develop a clear understanding of the problem that needs to be solved.
· Understand the business and technical requirements of the solution, and translate them into a comprehensive architecture that meets the needs of all stakeholders.
· Develop detailed architectural designs, including system diagrams, data flow diagrams, and other documentation, to clearly communicate the proposed solution to stakeholders.
· Evaluate different technologies and systems to determine which will best meet the requirements of the solution.
· Ensure that the solution is scalable, maintainable, and secure.
· Work closely with development teams to ensure that the solution is implemented correctly and that it meets the requirements of the architecture.
· Continuously monitor the solution to ensure that it is meeting the needs of stakeholders, and make any necessary adjustments to the architecture.
· Provide guidance and mentorship to other architects and developers on the team.
· Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and industry trends to ensure that the solution is utilizing the best practices and emerging technologies.
· Demonstrate commitment to our core competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, empathetic and outcome oriented.
· 6+ years of previous technical experience as a Solution Architect.
· Expertise in designing and implementing event-driven architectures using messaging systems such as Amazon Kinesis or Kafka.
· Expertise in cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform, along with relevant certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect)
· Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift.
· Strong understanding of software development and architecture principles.
· Experience working with stakeholders to understand their needs and develop solutions that meet those needs.
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor and guide other team members.
· Experience with agile development methodologies.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Additional Technical Qualifications:
· Proficiency in designing and implementing microservices-based architectures and familiarity with related patterns and frameworks.
· In-depth knowledge of API design principles and experience with RESTful, GraphQL, or gRPC APIs.
· Experience with various database technologies, including relational databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle), NoSQL databases (e.g., DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis), and data warehousing solutions (e.g., Redshift, Snowflake, or BigQuery).
· Familiarity with DevOps concepts and experience with CI/CD tools and pipelines, such as GitLab CI, Azure DevOps, or Jenkins.
· Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools like CloudFormation/CDK, Terraform, or Pulumi.
· Strong understanding of networking concepts, including load balancing, DNS, security groups, and virtual private networks (VPNs).
· Experience in healthcare verticals
· Previous start-up company experience
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.