Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
A Little More About Us:
· We know healthcare. Our company was founded and is still led by industry veterans who have started and grown several market-leading companies in the space.
· We are quickly becoming one of the fastest growing health benefits companies in the country. We have received numerous awards and accolades, including Inc. Magazine Best in Business Gold Medal award in 2021, and JMP Securities Top 50 Private Companies in Insurtech in 2022.
· We have raised money from top tier investors who share the same long-term vision as we do of building an industry defining company that will endure over the long run. We are well capitalized.
· Our customers like us. Our revenue churn is in the low single digits, in an industry where greater than 20% churn is common.
· Our culture is unique. We tend to be non-hierarchical, merit-driven, opinionated but kind people who thrive working in a high-performance, fast-paced environment. People at Gravie care deeply about making a positive impact in the lives of the people we serve. We may not be the right place for everybody, but if you get energized by doing work every day that focuses on putting consumers at the front of the line, we could be a great place for you. It takes unique people and diverse perspectives to deliver our results. We encourage you to be your authentic self – we like you that way.
A Little More About the Role:
We’re looking for a Vice President of Health Plan Administration. Primary responsibilities for this position include oversight of our Health Plan Administration including key ongoing and new projects, key vendor relationships, and supporting multiple teams involved in our initiatives.
· Provide leadership, strategic planning, and oversight encompassing end to end plan operations, including eligibility and enrollment, claims system configuration, claims processing, utilization and medical management, plan documentation, ancillary programs, reporting, and compliance.
· Provide leadership, strategic planning, oversight, and direction to Gravie Care, for both the Advocate and Advisor teams as the organization grows the member centric Gravie Care 2.0 model. Bridge the gap between the health plan and the members by bringing transparency in all plan and claims processes to empower both Gravie Care and Account Managers to streamline member experience and services.
· Demonstrated success in taking a hands-on approach to completing projects and initiatives, both ongoing and new, to achieve results.
· Possess a deep knowledge of regulations and compliance requirements related to self- and level funded health plans and other components of employer health benefits offerings, including HRAs, HSAs, FSAs, dental, vision, and wellness benefits.
· Partner with product development and design teams to help shape insurance benefit solutions that are innovative, benefit our members and challenge the way insurance has always worked.
· Work closely with member and employer experience teams to help deliver previously unimagined experiences and service.
· Scale operations to support our business objectives and identify and implement the technology tools and processes needed to support our growth.
· Build and maintain strong vendor partnerships.
· Develop operational roadmaps for initiatives and help prioritize projects.
· Develop and execute on performance metrics.
· Leverage people, technology and tools to ensure efficient operational practices that meet or exceed the needs of the business and our customers.
· Develop end to end information sharing practices and tools, insuring visibility of important information and processes to all departments.
· Develop people to be the best they can be, motivate, empower, and encourage innovation from all employees.
· Be comfortable with technology and data driven decision making.
· Oversee operational budgets, work closely with finance to establish effective cost of service modeling and metrics.
· Demonstrate commitment to our core competencies of being authentic, curious, empathetic, creative and outcome oriented.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
· Minimum of 15 years of experience in health plan operations at a TPA or carrier with a deep understanding of self and level funded plans
· Ability to not only direct others but also to dive in and contribute
· Deep subject matter expertise in claims
· Previously demonstrated success in project planning and execution
· Working knowledge of network and provider contracts
· Excellent communication skills
· Demonstrated success getting results through collaboration
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, up to 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.