Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
We’re looking for passionate customer-centric folks to join our Gravie Care Member & Provider service team. Primary responsibilities for this position include providing prompt and excellent service for our members and providers through inbound calls and emails during regular business hours of 8 am CT - 5 pm CT with potential extended hours during our busy season. Calls will be focused around all things health insurance as it relates to how a member leverages and utilizes their insurance plan. Examples could be, but not limited to: provider and prescription inquiries, benefits, claims, eligibility and billing.
- Go above and beyond to provide the member or provider with a simple and seamless experience
- Courteously respond to member and provider inquiries via inbound call or email
- Determine the best way to resolve member and provider inquiries by asking probing questions and making appropriate recommendations based on health insurance product path and program
- Correctly communicate claims and benefits information from designated internal platform(s) to further assist with caller’s inquiries
- Identify, compare and recommend the health insurance options available to the member that best suits their needs
- Explain and check for member understanding on application steps, payment flow and application status
- Demonstrate empathy and active listening in each interaction with the caller
- Accurately document all interactions within our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform with clarity and professionalism
- Collaborate with additional third-party entities, navigators/brokers, and internal departments to assist with caller’s needs
- Be willing to maintain a flexible work schedule, based upon the needs of the business. This may include early morning, evening, or weekend hours during the peak season.
- Demonstrate commitment to Gravie CARE (Compassion, Advocacy, Resolution, Education) service model and the Gravie company-wide core competencies of being authentic, curious, creative and outcome-oriented
- A passion for helping people navigate the confusing world of health insurance and benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year customer service experience or equivalent customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to summarize information effectively
- Comfort by calmly assisting frustrated customers with active listening, creative problem solving and empathy
- Excellent attendance track record and ability to adhere to a structured schedule. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with entering/updating data in electronic databases
- Proficient computer navigation and typing skills. Experience with Mac OS X , Microsoft Office or G Suite by Google Cloud is a benefit
- Ability to be self-driven and work collaboratively and professionally with many types of individuals
- Ability to learn quickly, follow directions, and follow through accurately and in a timely manner
- Proven ability to get results and thrive in an ever-evolving environment
- Willingness and commitment to completing 6 weeks of paid onboarding training and ongoing continuing education as needed
- Willingness to obtain producer licensure as needed or Active Health Insurance Producer license a plus
- Previous startup company experience
- Prior call center or health insurance experience
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.