Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health
benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse
group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
We’re looking for an experienced Actuarial Analyst with proficient technical skills and basic coding skills to be a key contributor the the Gravie Actuarial Team's mission of building the health plans of the future!
You will support:
· Rating manual revisions/updates/maintenance/etc.
· Monthly loss reporting data, analysis and presentation updates/roll-forwards
· Quarterly IBNR data collection, calculation and analyses
· Miscellaneous data collection and/or data entry, data manipulation, analyses, etc.
· Model/tool development and/or implementation
· Technical reviews of model/tool-development prototypes
· Actuarial value calculations
· With your coding knowledge:
- Our partnering with Data Science in the machine-learning model/tool-development process
- Data retrieval
- VBA tools supporting our model-automation process (i.e., roll-forward work)
You'll also demonstrate commitment to our core competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, empathetic and outcome-oriented.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
· 2-5 years of substantial experience supporting health actuarial functions
· 2+ actuarial exams passed and seeking credentials
· Strong general business acumen
· Excellent communication skills
· Demonstrated success getting results through collaboration
· Previous start-up company experience
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy (i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart).
In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave,
paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.