Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
The Software Test Engineer will participate in agile delivery events providing tests and the framework to assist in delivering software with high quality and reliability to our customers. You will work closely with our QA, Development and Business teams to formulate test strategies, data-driven insights, and testing tool development. You will be an important advocate for our products, ensuring the experiences we deliver are meaningful, high quality and fun!
· Develop, maintain, and execute automated test cases using Geb and Spock in Groovy
· Build and support the automation of functional regression testing
· Adapt to current development procedures and devise improvements to current procedures for future configurations
· Develop and execute automated test scripts to ensure that all information systems, products, and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements
· Independently complete a majority of identified tasks from start to finish with high quality, and collaborate with more experienced engineers when needed
· Document and communicate automated test results; support analysis of test results and resolution of open issues
· Work to resolve all complex problems, and report progress on problem resolution to the team
· Exercise sound judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
· Enjoy and embrace change, and not be afraid to take initiative
· Work within an agile methodology, where development and testing occur within two week sprints
· Ask the right questions, solve problems, and help build great software
· Put passion into your work every day, and share the team’s excitement about delivering really great software that makes a difference in people’s lives
· Demonstrate commitment to our core competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, empathetic and outcome oriented.
· Experience in an agile environment, including working with user stories and continuous build integration
· Effective approaches to automation that result in efficient, reliable, maintainable tests that will provide the feedback needed for a successful deployment to production
· Experience with Selenium Grid, AWS, Git, Jenkins, Datdog and command line tooling
· Experience in test automation development and CI/CD tools, practices, and methodologies
· Experience with functional UI and API automation
· Strong organizational skills; the ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results
· Proven ability to obtain information and perform at a high level in the absence of strong documentation and process
· Strong sense of ownership, customer focus, and the ability to dive deep into details
· Excitement about making small, incremental changes and their positive impact to the big picture
· Knowledge of the healthcare or health insurance industry
· Experience with performance, scalability, and penetration testing
· Previous start up company experience
· Desire to perform developer duties such as debugging the application to confirm a bug
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.