Our mission and vision
hackajob is a SaaS-enabled marketplace that allows companies to scale their tech teams today, whilst building their talent of tomorrow. Technology is driving the world forward at an unprecedented rate. Every company has woken up to realise they need to place technology at the heart of their strategy or they’ll soon be extinct. And at its core, this transformation will be driven by great people.
But how great people and great companies find each other is broken. It’s opaque, biased and plagued by a terrible experience. And as the demand for technical talent explodes, not enough is being done to create the talent for tomorrow.
We're changing this with radical transparency, best-in-class service and a long-term approach to talent, all powered by technology. We see a world where technical talent has an incredible experience developing their career and finding the right company to unleash their full potential, whilst employers are able to attract, nurture and retain the talent they need to thrive in the technical economy.
- Trust - we hire great people, provide an environment for them to thrive in and then give them the freedom to make an impact.
- Transparency - this is all of our company, not just the founders or investors and therefore you’ll know as much as we do.
- Customer Obsession - we want to give our engineers and employers the best service they’ve ever experienced.
- Ambition - we want to think big and take risks to create the world we see.
- Driven - we want to continuously improve and get shit done.
The Sales Development Representative at hackajob isn't your typical "SDR" role. The team we’ve built is not only responsible for qualifying leads, setting meetings, and building the pipeline, but also much more than that...By joining a collaborative fast-paced culture that relies and thrives on individuals who will go above and beyond, you will build and define not only your future with hackajob but the growth and expansion of the company at large!
What will you be up to?
- Identify New Business Opportunities with companies who are an ideal profile for our Enterprise Technical Recruitment Solution
- Effectively communicate hackajob’s expertise to potential prospects in a well-organized, thoughtful approach
- Generate new business opportunities through outbound prospecting via phone calls, emails and LinkedIn
- Thoroughly qualify leads including identifying pains and problems with current solutions
- Set Discovery Calls with leads for Account Executives
- Manage pipeline and outreach via CRM and Sales Automation tools
What are we looking for?
- An interest in learning to sell into mid-market and enterprise companies
- Comfortable at initiating phone conversations, navigating questions and overcoming objections
- Proficiency using enterprise-grade sales CRM, such as Salesforce
- Ability to work at scale
- Self-starter, confident with owning responsibilities, and experienced in seeing projects through from end to end
- Great communication both by phone and email.
- Collaboratorative, there is no working in silos so we help each other along the way and intra-team knowledge sharing is intrinsic to the success of the business.
- You want to join the hackajob family - we’re all in this to grow the company and succeed together
- We are looking for this individual to be based in New York.
- Salary $50,000 - $80,000 and equity options 🤑
- Great commission
- hackajob Passport - work from anywhere in the world for 2 months/year ✈️
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays 🏝️
- An extra day off for your birthday 🎂
- Office closed between Christmas and New Year (in addition to your leave allowance!) 🎄
- Apple MacBook Laptop 💻
- Enhanced primary and secondary caregiver leave 🍼
- Private medical insurance 🩺
- Private dental insurance 😬
- Learning and development budget 📚
- Wellbeing budget 💜
- Work from home stipend - a one-time budget to spend on the tools to boost your productivity at home. 🪴
- Regular team events and socials 🎉
- Access to all hackajob sponsored and partnered events 🎟️