hackajob is a SaaS-enabled marketplace that allows companies to scale their tech teams today, whilst building their talent of tomorrow.
Technology is driving the world forward at an unprecedented rate. Every company has woken up to realise they need to place technology at the heart of their strategy or they’ll soon be extinct. And at its core, this transformation will be driven by great people.
But how great people and great companies find each other is broken. It’s opaque, biased and plagued by a terrible experience. And as the demand for technical talent explodes, not enough is being done to create the talent for tomorrow.
We're changing this with radical transparency, best-in-class service and a long-term approach to talent, all powered by technology.
We see a world where technical talent has an incredible experience developing their career and finding the right company to unleash their full potential, whilst employers are able to attract, nurture and retain the talent they need to thrive in the technical economy.
We are looking for a passionate Frontend Engineer to join our product organisation and help us to develop and enhance the candidate and client platforms.
As we scale our Product Organisation, we're building durable product teams that are empowered to solve customer problems. As a Frontend Engineer in this model, you'll work within a cross-functional team alongside a Product Manager, Product Designer and multiple Frontend and Backend Engineers to identify solutions for clients and candidates problems and implement them.
We have an exceptionally exciting vision for our product and you'll play a really key role in helping us achieve it.
You’ll spend your time:
- building and maintaining the services that power our product.
- working across the stack to deliver new features from start to end.
- earning from our customers, making sure we’re building a product they truly love.
- collaborating with your team and the rest of the Product Org.
- prioritising and planning the most important projects to work on next.
Apply if you:
- have strong experience building single-page applications.
- have strong proficiency with a frontend framework and you are open to learning Angular.
- understanding high-quality software.
- enjoy working from idea to delivery, including scoping and defining requirements and solution design for new product features.
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have experience with Angular.
- have experience with state management libraries.
- have experience with SASS.
- have worked at a startup or scale-up. You thrive on working in a startup environment, which can be full of unpredictability and change, and enjoy the challenge of helping shape and grow something, making sense of the sometimes abstract!
Don’t tick all the boxes but really excited about this role? We’d encourage you to apply with a cover letter explaining your journey, what you’ve learnt and where you’re heading. We’ll respond to every application with feedback so you’ve got nothing to lose.
Our Stack: Angular, NGXS, React, Next.js, Microservices, Golang, PHP, Docker, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kong, MySQL, ElasticSearch, AWS, etc.
We know that interview processes can be time-consuming and stressful, so we aim to:
- Let you know what to expect at each stage of the process.
- Get back to you with useful feedback as quickly as possible, after each stage.
It may be necessary to change the process from time to time but we’ll let you know if we do.
- Screening call (30mins video call)
- An initial screening call to discuss your fit for the role.
- Technical Interview (1hr pair programming call)
- A chance to meet 2 members of our team. Pair programming with them to highlight what you know.
- VP of Engineering & VP of Product (1hr video call)
- A chance to meet our VP of Engineering and VP of Product, discuss your experience in more detail and answer your questions about hackajob and the role.
- Competitive salary and equity options 🤑
- hackajob Passport - work from anywhere in the world for 2 months/year ✈️
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays 🏝️
- An extra day off for your birthday 🎂
- Office closed between Christmas and New Year (in addition to the leave allowance)🎄
- Apple Macbook Laptop or Windows Laptop 💻
- Enhanced primary and secondary caregiver leave 🍼
- Private medical insurance 🩺
- Private dental insurance 😬
- Learning and development budget 📚
- Wellbeing budget 💜
- Work from home stipend - a one-time budget to spend on the tools to boost your productivity at home. 🪴
- Regular team events and socials 🎉
- Access to all hackajob sponsored and partnered events 🎟️
- Remote-first role — you’ll work remotely but spend some time in our offices in London (UK) and Iași (Romania) — a few days a month as needed 🤸