He/She should be experienced with a minimum of two years of hands-on experience with Linux Desktop Administration. Install, configure, and maintain Linux desktop computers, laptops, and end-user devices. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to Debian and Ubuntu end-user devices. Manage and maintain Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform to ensure compliance with organizational policies. Develop and maintain automation scripts for tasks such as software installations, configurations, and upgrades. Maintain accurate documentation of hardware and software inventory, and software licensing. Work with other IT staff and end-users to resolve technical issues and provide end-user support..
- Certifications on Linux, Ubuntu, MDM or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Knowledge of technologies like VPN and firewalls
- Expertise in creating scripts (Shell)
- Expertise in installation, configuration and upgradation, of Ubuntu and Debian Systems
- Maintenance of hardware/software configurations for Ubuntu and Debian systems.
- Develop, install and maintain utility programs/Scripts to manage application start, stop, system uptime, cpu and memory usage.
- Maintain best practices on systems and services across the teams.
- RCA, analysis of data for reporting of performance exceptions.
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on the workstations.
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the systems.
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Manage users & groups and the sudo privileges.
- Knows how to manage basic file permission, advance file permission and ACL.
- Troubleshooting kernel panics and GRUB issues
- Install and update software packages using tools apt and apt-get.
- Maintain and monitor all patch releases, patch installation procedures and keep all systems up to date, as per the NIST standards.
- Schedule and automate jobs using cron.
- Expertise with CLI editors like nano, vi, and emacs
#LI-RS2 Work Experience
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 2+ years of experience as Linux Administrator
- CompTIA Linux + or Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalent experience.
- Decent spoken and written communication skills.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Competitive salary
- Gain 2X experience
- Work directly with expert teams
- Fast-paced work environment
- Btech or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- You will get to work with best in industry class of people
- You will get to learn latest cutting edge technologies in market
- You will get to work in a fast paced environment
- You will get to experience our culture, growth and success
- You have an opportunity to join our phenomenal family