At Tive, we imagine a fully-transparent world in which everything and everyone is connected. We innovate beyond what the world thought possible—so what people hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
We believe (and live!) four core values:
• Create transparency first—everything else comes second:
We believe that trust is critical, and we depend on each other to be transparent and open—and to consistently deliver on their word.
• Make it simple: We work hard to deliver creative technical solutions to complex problems.
• We’ve got your back: We are fiercely loyal to our team.
• Relentless iteration: Our desire to learn new things and create innovative solutions—every single day—is unmatched.
Whether shipped by road, rail, ocean, or air, Tive reduces shipment delays, minimizes rejected loads, and decreases theft, damage, and spoilage. Our customers count on Tive to ensure that their shipments are delivered on time and in full—because every shipment matters.
As the Payables Accountant at Tive, your role will be pivotal in ensuring timely and accurate invoice processing and payments. You'll manage and optimize the accounts payable operations, adding a layer of efficiency to our financial dealings. By reconciling accounts and producing monthly reports, you'll offer a clear picture of our payable status and any associated discrepancies. Your expertise in handling invoice issues and liaising with vendors will maintain our company's reputation for financial reliability.
Our ideal candidate has:
A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in accounts payable or general accounting.
Familiarity with accounting software and systems.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive financial information.
Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
Knowledge of general accounting principles.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
What you’ll be doing:
◦ Review and verify invoices and payment requests.
◦ Sort, code, and match invoices to purchase orders.
◦ Enter and upload invoices into Tive’s payables system.
◦ Ensure proper approvers, accounts, and departments have been utilized.
◦ Review employee expense reports.
◦ Prepare and process vendor payments and employee expense reimbursements.
◦ Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
◦ Produce monthly reports and assist with month-end closing and daily bank reconciliations.
◦ Maintain vendor files and correspondence.
◦ Prepare journal entries and maintain the amortization of prepaid expenses in our accounting system (NetSuite).
◦ Prepare journal entries and maintain a reconciliation of our corporate credit cards activity.
◦ Identify and prepare accrued accounts payable and related accrued expenses as part of monthly close process.
◦ Provide necessary fluctuation analysis during the monthly close process.
◦ Liaise with internal departments and vendors regarding financial matters.
◦ Respond to external vendor inquiries regarding payment issues or discrepancies.
◦ Recommend process improvements to create efficiencies within the accounts payable function.
What does Tive offer?
A chance to join what may very well turn out to be the most important company in your career.
The autonomy and resources to build what you know how to build.
Work with a committed global team that has each other's back.
Office-based or hybrid options. Your choice.
Competitive equity to ensure all of our employees have a sense of ownership in the long-term success of Tive’s growth.
We celebrate diversity, and consider it key to our success as both a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.